Helpful links for you sewing Mamas

Above are links to free diaper patterns that I have found very useful through my cloth diaper learning & making process.







Monday, June 14, 2010

Huggies goes Denim

Trendy can now be found in a disposable diaper?

Very cute I must say, but still not enough to make me derail from cloth diapering. My thoughts...A decorated disposable diaper can never match not only the styles but the benefits of a cloth diaper, so Instead of rushing to the store to buy a box of the latest trend in disposable diapers to add to my newborn diaper stash, I made my own little diaper with denim flair. The Cost? I was able to create this diaper by using an old sweatshirt, an old jean jacket and Birdseye flat diapers. All of the items to make this diaper I had in my home, costing me nothing.


Diaper pattern used: Darling Diapers





A few good reasons to cloth diaper

It’s cheaper; cloth diapers can be expensive for the initial set-up, but in the long run they work out a lot cheaper than disposables, depending on what system you use.

Less diaper-rash; cloth diapered babies tend to have less diaper-rash, because natural cotton fibers breathe more easily.

They can be used for subsequent children; works out even cheaper because you can use for any more children you have.

Cloth diapered children tend to potty-train earlier, because the cloth tends to hold moisture closer to baby’s skin. (My little girl was potty trained before she turned 2)


Kinder to the earth.


Of course there are pros and cons for either cloth diapering or using disposable diapers, and many have strong beliefs that one is better than another. In the end, it’s a decision only you and your family can make, so being informed is very important.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers