Helpful links for you sewing Mamas

Above are links to free diaper patterns that I have found very useful through my cloth diaper learning & making process.







Sunday, July 4, 2010

Catching up on some sewing!

I took a break from sewing diapers after the last diaper I made. I had the fabric but I did not really have I guess the motivation. I decided to go to Jucso (A sort of shopping mall here in Okinawa Japan) and found what I thought to be very motivational fabric to make a diaper out of. The patterns on the fabric to me were so unique that I could produce a very one of a kind cloth diaper. I have not decided on the color snaps to place on this diaper so I left an opening so that I can come back to it, overall I like the outcome of my work.






For this diaper I used
  • Fleece for the most inner part
  • Microfiber Terry for the sewn in soaker
  • A hidden layer of PUL
  • Outer fabric is a Poly-Cotton 70% polyester and  30% cotton

Fabric choices for this diaper
  • Fleece -Next to skin fabric to wick the moisture away from the baby's skin and to keep the baby's skin feeling dry.
  • Microfiber Terry - Sewn-in soaker to absorb, It not only is trim and absorbent it dries fast in the dryer.
  • PUL -  Hidden layer for it's leak resistant ability (polyurethane laminated)
  • Poly-Cotton outer fabric - The outer shell of the diaper that gives it it's character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers