Helpful links for you sewing Mamas

Above are links to free diaper patterns that I have found very useful through my cloth diaper learning & making process.







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Playing catch up

These past few weeks have been quite hectic. We are preparing for a move, and it seems that the more  accomplished the more things seem to build up. On another note as I noted before we are expecting our third child, we found out that this awaited gift is another sweet little girl. I had already started a diaper stash but since I was insisting that our little  bundle of joy would be another boy, I  refused to make girl diapers until the ultrasound showed other wise. scuba diving I figure...Hey...a little girl can get away with wearing boy diapers.

Since the discovery that I was so wrong and we are in fact going to welcome another baby girl into our family I sat and did some sewing, which turned out to be very therapeutic considering all the headaches that come with preparing to move.


The pictured blue dipaer are an actual "Little Joey" diaper


I was looking at cloth diapers and came across the Rumparooz Little Joey diaper, which I had seen before but I have never personally purchased or used one. I notice the gusset that is made into these diapers and thought how great it would be to add this feature to my baby's diapers. By sight and guessing I made a diaper and attempted to  accomplish this goal, I am positive that it worked in my favor. The diaper that I made is pictured below.


I used to make this diapers Suede Cloth for wicking ability, Micro Terry for absorption, PUL for a leak resistant layer, Woven Cotton for the outer. *I must note that a lot of diaper makers will say to be careful when putting a cotton as an outer layer of a diaper when using PUL because the diaper may wick to the front and leak badly...and they are correct, but I have learned that with a good absorption panel and good leg casings you can make the diaper function great.*

Since making this diaper I have found a tutorial  for making this sort of gusset Check out this link at Diaper sewing Divas (note you have to be a member to view the forums)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Angie. I'm going to have to spend more time on my stash when we start trying again!

    ReplyDelete

Followers